06 February 2011

It's down to the wire for West Eugene EmX!

This weekend, I was at the Gateway Mall and ran into the LTD booth at Springfield's Business Expo. I spoke with a wonderful representative of the agency who knew who I was before introducing myself! I was pleasantly surprised. We talked transit, EmX, high-speed rail, etc.

She made sure to point out to me that there are several key meetings coming up that ultimately determine the future of the West Eugene EmX extension, starting with the Eugene city council this Tuesday. Here's the rundown of the upcoming meetings courtesy of LTD.

Locally Preferred Alternative – Public Meeting Dates
Open House - February 8, 2011
Joint Public Hearing - February 8, 2011
Joint LPA Committee Final Recommendation - February 14, 2011
Eugene City Council Action (if not on previous date) - March 9, 2011
MPO Action at MPC - March 10, 2011
Lane Transit District Action - March 16, 2011

If all goes well, we should have a final positive decision by March! Support WEEmX!

No comments:

Post a Comment